When people are diagnosed with cancer, often their first reaction is fear. Then comes the feeling of being lost and alone or not knowing where to turn for physical, emotional, and financial support.
That’s where Salt Shaker steps in.
Like cancer itself, Salt Shaker takes many forms. We’re a 501(c)(3) that’s hard to describe because we a variety of things to support those with cancer.
Essentially, we are a conduit, connecting people to the resources, guidance and support they so desperately need. But that’s not all. We jump in, roll up our sleeves, and do whatever is needed to help those who’ve had their lives altered by cancer.
We raise public awareness and generate support for prominent local cancer organizations in the South Jersey-Philadelphia area, including the following:
- We participate and donate funds to LIVESTRONGSM, the organization dedicated to improving the lives of those fighting cancer.
- We support the Cooper Cancer Institute, New Jersey’s leading provider of cancer care and diagnosis.
- We volunteer, raise money, and attend events and participate in other programs such as Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- We partner with other organizations doing their part to raise awareness including the New Jersey Independent Baseball League and the Tri-County Swimming Championships.
- We award a college scholarship to deserving high school seniors whose lives have been affected, either directly or indirectly, by cancer.